“No one can guarantee a #1 ranking on Google. Beware of SEOs that claim to guarantee rankings” Quote from Google Webmaster Central Beware of companies “over-promising”. Any company trying to “sell” you website design and SEO services will tell you they are the best. So, how do you choose? We suggest following the guidelines from Google. Here are those exact guidelines and our credentials: Some useful questions to ask an SEO include:
- Can you show me examples of your previous work and share some success stories? We have produced and optimized 100’s of industrial websites over the last 10 years. We have specific examples of industrial clients with top Google organic rankings. We have also references. More references may be found at http://www.net-powerinc.com/testimonial.htm
- Do you follow the Google Webmaster Guidelines? Yes. We employ only “white hat” optimization techniques based on good original content. We promise no shortcuts. There are none.
- Do you offer any online marketing services or advice to complement your organic search business? Yes. Our group has a 12-year affiliation with an Authorized Google SMB Premiere Partner, TopSpot IMS. There are only 16 companies worldwide with this certification and that is the only one specializing in Industrial Google advertising. See http://www.google.com/ads/premiersmbpartner/advertisers-findpartner.html So, if you need Google advertising assistance or advanced tracking we are experts in the industrial arena.
- What kind of results do you expect to see, and in what time frame? How do you measure your success?
We expect to see some immediate improvement in organic traffic quantity and quality, then, a steadily increasing organic presence. We measure success through many reporting metrics. Our top metric is overall growth in organic traffic leading to new business. For industrial companies, the value of a new client, or a lost opportunity, may be significant. One new client, due to our optimization or Google paid ads, may yield a positive return on your investment.
- What's your experience in my industry? Since 1994 we have served industrial clients almost exclusively. Our clients range from billion dollar industrial companies to small two-man organizations. These include capital equipment manufacturers, service companies, custom fabricators, industrial distributors and OEM’s. We rank highly in Google on a search for industrial internet strategy for a reason.
- What's your experience in my country/city? Most of our clients are in the USA. However, many have international ownership. Many of our clients are based in Maryland, Virginia, Delaware.
- What's your experience developing international sites? We have developed, and optimized websites in foreign languages. See www.franklinfibre.com as an example.
- What are your most important SEO techniques? Strategy planning, keyword research, coding optimization and link building.
- How long have you been in business? Since 1994.
- How can I expect to communicate with you? Will you share with me all the changes you make to my site, and provide detailed information about your recommendations and the reasoning behind them? Most clients do not want a list of all changes. Communication is verbal (on the phone or face-to-face), and email.